We decided to do a little Staycation and explore some things in Seattle. We left the morning of Thursday July 9th and came home the evening of the 10th.
We purchased a CityPass which is a great way to see the Zoo, Aquarium, Space Needle, Museum of Flight, Pacific Science center, and take a Harbor cruise for a great price ($54 for adults $39 for youth, Sofia was free at everything). It ends up being 50% less than buying individual tickets for everything. We didn't make it to the Science center, we just ran out of time and energy. But still got more than our money's worth. We started out at the zoo when we first arrived. The 4 blog posts below are the highlights from each venture. I'll warn you - I took a lot of photos, since that is just what I love to do :)
A momma and baby, if you look closely in her hand, she threw up and is now eating it and sharing it with her baby...
We wanted to feed the giraffes and a zoo worker took us behind some closed zoo workers only area so we could get to them faster and Cameron spotted a peacock, he wanted to touch it. We had to stop him so he wouldn't get bit. He has no fear at times.
The flamingos, my personal favorite, I could spend a long time just staring at them, since I think they are so beautiful. I took a load of photos, but will only include one here
4 comments:
how fun! I am so glad you got to go!!
How fun! I really regret not taking the time to see and do more around the area while we lived there... so good for you! It was so fun seeing you while we were in Vancouver!
What a great idea! That is so fun for your family and they will remember all the fun they had and all the new experiences they had.
That looked like so much fun. I hope you all stayed cool from the heat.
I finally got Grandma Sherry set up so that she can comment on the blogs.
Corri
Post a Comment