October 22, 2009

August 28 - Enchanted Forest

Katie and decided to take our kiddo's to the Enchanted Forest in Salem (Minus Sofia, I left her home with Paris, just because she wouldn't be able to do everything, but of course would want to, and that would make for a miserable day for both her and I) , It is this little Storybook amusement park that was built onto a hillside. It really was a cute little place and Cameron had a blast with Madeline and Calvin. They all wore green, and we didn't plan in that way :)


Cameron sitting in front of the castle with his little arm band, that kept bugging him...

Here we go

The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe slide -





Entering Alice in Wonderland's hole

Peeking in at the 7 dwarf's cottage


The wicked witch slide from Snow White


Walking to the Haunted Mansion, for some reason they decided they wanted to go, even though we told them it was not like the haunted house at Disneyworld, this one would be a little scary. I think Calvin had the right idea by hesitating.

In we all went and made it about 10 steps before the spooky music played and something popped out, Cameron started crying and I had to hold him with his head buried in my shoulder. Now, I am not one to like haunted houses and darkness myself. I remember giving bruises to my mom's arm being so scared and holding on to her so tight at neighborhood haunted houses... well, I had to be the brave one, because I led the way and Katie had Calvin and Madeline with her, and she felt the same way about haunted houses. So we were brave moms and wandered our way through the darkness with spooks popping out, air blasts hitting us, and spooky music playing, oh yes and Cameron crying in my ear the whole way - we made it but I don't think he will try that again anytime soon.

Sliding down one of their many fun slides


Shooting the laser guns

Nice dancing Cameron -


Of course you have to throw money to the alligator...

Hansel and Gretel
Cameron didn't like this roller coaster so much either, it did go a little fast and was a bit jerky.
I think he has a sensitive tummy.

On the bumper boats



Going on the mini ferris wheel



Having some lunch

The train



They Loved the frog ride, they went on it so many times I lost count.



It started to rain, but we were ready to go, so they did the rain dance near the shoe slide and said goodbye to Chippy the chipmunk and called it a day, next year we will bring Sofia.

2 comments:

Lisa Sofia said...

I love these photos! I can't believe you all wore green! I noticed Mommy in green too :) Thanks for sharing!

10sstarz said...

Too cute!!! I love those days when the mom's get to be kids again too! Cameron I think you will be a great golfer someday. I think you should pack your kitty in your golf bag and take him everywhere with you. You will be known as the golfer who putts as softly as a cat purrs (Ok..so your aunt isn't a poet). Sofia you are just the cutest thing I ever saw.
Love you all, Aunt Corri

Family Motto

"OUR FAMILY IS STRONG, FAITHFUL, NICE,
LOYAL, FRIENDLY, SAFE, LOVING, AND HAPPY"